Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks to us about Winter Styling
Bloomingdales is happy to present the ideas and reflections of our Fabric Design Partners, who share with us their take on the distinctive looks making waves this winter. Plus their own exclusive winter styling tips.
In the colder months more than ever it’s about comfort, warmth and style. Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks about the earthy spice tones of the Moorish Route and how these colours, textiles, textures and patterns with North African and Middle Eastern flavours are warming homes this Winter.
Rich Clay, Rose Water and Turkish Delight. Cinnamon, Star Anise, Cardamom Pod and Turmeric – these earthy and heavily spices tones from Moorish Routes are definitely warming this Winter’s colour palette.
But it’s not just the colours that are creating this nod to Africa and The Middle East, it’s the patterning appearing in textiles, embracing chunky irregular weaves in the way of linens, silks and raffia and hand sculpted unglazed ceramics with an abundance of deep green or even dried foliage. This look is a balance of robust naturals while still having a feminine softness – this winter interior is all about creating a lived-in sanctuary, yet it's cleverly considered.
- Theodore Alexander now at Bloomingdales
- Lighting the way with chandeliers
- Lighting styling tips for chandeliers and pendants with Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design.
- Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks to us about Winter Styling
- Winter Styling Tips with Katrina Dowd from Domestic Textile Corporation (TDC)
- Trends - Jewel Tones
- Trends - The Latest in Lighting
- Interview with Erinn Valencich – Designer and Founder of Erinn V. Design Group
- Interview with Boris Kiner – Bloomingdales Head of Shade Making
- High Point on Display: Creativity & Sublime Workmanship