How to stand out while dressing down
Inspired Design with an environmental footprint
A "WOW" response
Who would ever have thought that an assembly of cardboard tubing could generate such a “WOW” response. I wonder what the collective noun is for cardboard tubing? Ala “gaggle of geese”? “Deluge of designers”?
That’s the response we received to our new trade fair stand, at DenFair in Melbourne. And the same for a pared down version at NoVacancy in Darling Harbour, Australia’s very first Fair targeted squarely at the Hospitality industry.
The pictures speak for themselves: DenFair was the perfect backdrop to show our extensive collection of Visual Comfort lamps and pendants, and to launch the Platform range of bronze sculptures, side tables and lighting. Kelly Wearstler’s Lindens were standout; so strikingly tactile they’re difficult to walk past without touching.
Aerin’s Clarkson pendants and floor lamps were artfully offset by the simple cork and cardboard combo, as were Thomas O’Brien’s Hicks pendants.
We cannot speak highly enough about our industrial design partners, Sophie and Jonathan from SoWatt Studio. They ran with the theme of “natural” and literally took it to new heights. Simply visionary.
- Theodore Alexander now at Bloomingdales
- Lighting the way with chandeliers
- Lighting styling tips for chandeliers and pendants with Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design.
- Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks to us about Winter Styling
- Winter Styling Tips with Katrina Dowd from Domestic Textile Corporation (TDC)
- Trends - Jewel Tones
- Trends - The Latest in Lighting
- Interview with Erinn Valencich – Designer and Founder of Erinn V. Design Group
- Interview with Boris Kiner – Bloomingdales Head of Shade Making
- High Point on Display: Creativity & Sublime Workmanship