Lighting styling tips for chandeliers and pendants with Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design.
Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner, of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design discuss their design approach with Pendants and Chandeliers. Website: https://woodsandwarner.com.au/
Q: What is the importance of Pendants and Chandeliers in the overall co-ordination of an interior scheme?
A: We thoughtfully consider every design detail when placing together an interior concept. Lighting is a key-element that helps make a house a home. It’s a reflection of the client’s personality and their lifestyle. A flawless lighting selection can provide high impact, if required, in a bold setting or a soft ambient detail that sits quietly within a neutral scheme. No matter what the mood of the interior is, the lighting selection needs to be well thought out, just like applying that perfect piece of jewellery to make an outfit complete.
Q: What is the thought/decision process behind your Pendant and Chandelier selections?
A: Scale, proportion and height, determine the illumination of light required within a home. We subconsciously ensure all these design elements are met in order to select the ideal pendant or chandelier. Prior to selecting we must understand the purpose of the light source - task, or mood, or a combination of both. Then there is the consideration of how the fitting will compliment and enhance the entire space. We must also ensure the overall finishes of the decorative light, the colour and style of the fitting, bring tribute to our scheme.
Q: How does the owner’s lifestyle and personality impact/influence your choices?
The owner’s lifestyle and personality has great impact upon the selection process within the lighting scheme. A feature lighting source must be praised by the client otherwise there is no hiding! A client who is a minimalist and has a preference for sleeker designed pieces would in comparison differ greatly in their selection to globetrotting voyagers who are happy for us to implement decorative pendant lighting with highly decorative finishes, that creates a statement and a story to tell.
- Theodore Alexander now at Bloomingdales
- Lighting the way with chandeliers
- Lighting styling tips for chandeliers and pendants with Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design.
- Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks to us about Winter Styling
- Winter Styling Tips with Katrina Dowd from Domestic Textile Corporation (TDC)
- Trends - Jewel Tones
- Trends - The Latest in Lighting
- Interview with Erinn Valencich – Designer and Founder of Erinn V. Design Group
- Interview with Boris Kiner – Bloomingdales Head of Shade Making
- High Point on Display: Creativity & Sublime Workmanship