Quality Lifelong Solutions - The antidote to Instant Gratification
Everything’s becoming shorthand. LOL.
Of course, we all know why this is the case … time ... or lack thereof. So we do whatever we can to short-circuit, cut corners and get things over and done instantly.
Everything's becoming shorthand
Everything's becoming shorthand. LOL.
Of course we all know why this is the case ... time ... or lack thereof, to be more precise. So we do whatever we can to short-circuit, cut corners and get things over and done instantly.
Instant gratification - It's how we negotiate our daily lives
Need info? Google is the go.
Want to buy it? Click Amazon (soon at a warehouse near you).
Instant gratification is how we negotiate our daily lives. While some would say this more accurately describes Gen. Y and the Millenials, the reality is it describes Baby Boomers as well (myself included).
And what of this, you may ask?
Well ... what does this mean for design? For quality? And for “craftsmanship”?
In all likelihood, quality is not always compromised by the demands of quick-fast gratification. But it can be. For example, think of the mind-altering impact of 3-D printing where critical componentry for medical purposes or for transport applications can be generated in hours, if not minutes.
When it comes to design itself, there is no substitute for time
But when it comes to design itself, there is no substitute for time. And when it comes to craftsmanship, so often demanded of products to make them stand out and have long-standing appeal - short-circuiting a process can only lead to compromise. Designs that stand the test of time, are rarely born in an instant. And they are certainly not brought to life without a great deal of sweat, commitment and time itself.
This philosophy is close to our hearts
Trends and fashions are all very well but like the tortoise and the hare - long and slow wins the race.
With this in mind I'm now LMFAO and will shortly be putting my feet up to watch the latest episode of GOT with my Millenial kids. SLOWLY!!!
- Lighting styling tips for chandeliers and pendants with Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design.
- Lighting the way with chandeliers
- Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks to us about Winter Styling
- Winter Styling Tips with Katrina Dowd from Domestic Textile Corporation (TDC)
- Trends - Jewel Tones
- Trends - The Latest in Lighting
- Interview with Erinn Valencich – Designer and Founder of Erinn V. Design Group
- Interview with Boris Kiner – Bloomingdales Head of Shade Making
- High Point on Display: Creativity & Sublime Workmanship
- Design Innovation