Trends - Jewel Tones
What better a time than Winter to huddle in for some fireside warmth and enjoy the comforts of your home. And this season, sumptuous jewel tones are bringing added depth and sensuality to interiors.
Gorgeous deep reds, emeralds, navy blues and purples refresh the senses with a touch of prestige. Jewel tones go a little deeper to celebrate the colours we love, while at the same time creating bold and welcoming spaces. A bolt of luxe colour like mustard yellow, deep jade or amethyst will pop against silver, grey or white surrounds. Strong colour contrasts and sumptuous hues add glamour and excitement to any room.
Walls are painted in rich and powerful shades from the deeper side of the colour spectrum. Dark navy blue or smoky quartz grey. Deep berry red or chocolate brown. Dark walls offset brighter furniture, fittings or artworks.
Textured elements like velvet soft furnishings, plus linen, leather and warm metals add more accents for on-trend style. These tones are a great match with Bloomingdales’ range of lighting and furniture in metals, timber and glass. This month we’re featuring pieces in stone, crystal, bronze and burnished gold that pair beautifully with the jewel tones trend.
Wood textures like our dark Java bedside drawer is a perfect match with hues in natural deep greens and blues. Our Desert Oak Wide bedside drawer in a warm natural wood finish is another superbly matched piece.
- Theodore Alexander now at Bloomingdales
- Lighting the way with chandeliers
- Lighting styling tips for chandeliers and pendants with Jacinta Woods & Sonia Warner of award winning Woods and Warner Interior Design.
- Claire Phillips from The Textile Design Centre talks to us about Winter Styling
- Winter Styling Tips with Katrina Dowd from Domestic Textile Corporation (TDC)
- Trends - Jewel Tones
- Trends - The Latest in Lighting
- Interview with Erinn Valencich – Designer and Founder of Erinn V. Design Group
- Interview with Boris Kiner – Bloomingdales Head of Shade Making
- High Point on Display: Creativity & Sublime Workmanship